Thursday, December 24, 2009

Day 8 Farming: Monday 12.21.2009

This is officially week two of the farm! Started the day off on the computer, getting contacts for alfalfa, organic feeds, vets, etc. Got to the farm kind of late, around 9:50AM - found that the girls like to sleep in on their Christmas vacation. Fed and watered and then on the road for errands. Somewhere along the line I went to sleep a city boy and woke up a shaggy haired man who enjoys window shopping for galvanized feed bins. I am sure there is a name for this condition - but don't tell me, I am enjoying it too much. Found allot of resources in Sumner - Feed Store, Bank, Hardware etc... This place is actually pretty centralized and you don't have to go too far out of town for anything really, and that is a good thing. I realized something today - There is a hardware store with an espresso stand in front of it, and there is a hardware store with a freewill pot of coffee in the back. Guess which one has a selection more applicable to the local and better customer service? You guessed it - the coffee pot store. I believe this also applies to banks.

No comments:

Post a Comment